Cal Thomas | Syndicated columnist | Published: Jan 11, 2001
- If there is disorder in the culture, it merely reflects the disorder in our souls.
- The world may have changed in fifty years, but standards such as integrity and virtue are timeless. A President's job is to call citizens to something higher and better than themselves.
- No power on earth is greater than a mind and soul reawakened. Our Constitution begins "We the people," not "us the government."
- Government has a legitimate function, but the private sector has one too, and it is superior. In other words, people are better than institutions.
- America's most dangerous diseases have developed an
immunity to politics. We suffer not from a failure of political organization or power, but a failure of love. Our most pressing problem isn't the federal deficit, but a deficit of time and attention that parents give their children and each other. In violent streets and broken homes, the cry of anguished souls is not for more laws but for more conscience and character.
"Wit and Wisdom" reprinted from www.CalThomas.com.