On Friday, President Trump announced that he may potentially create his own social media platform after Twitter permanently banned his personal account in the wake of Wednesday’s attack at the U.S. Capitol.
According to CBN News, Trump made the announcement on his POTUS account in a series of tweets before Twitter removed them.
In a series of tweets, Trump claimed that the tech giant was censoring free speech, particularly from the president and his supporters.
"As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me — and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me," Trump said in the now deleted tweet, as reported by Fox News.
"We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future,” he continued. We will not be SILENCED!"
Trump criticized Twitter for "promoting a Radical Left platform where some of the most vicious people in the world are allowed to speak freely."
"STAY TUNED!" he concluded.
Last week, as Christian Headlines previously reported, Trump was also suspended from Facebook and Instagram until President-elect Joe Biden takes office after inauguration day.
“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a statement. “Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”
Over the weekend, Apple, Google, and Amazon banned the social networking app Parler, following the claim that the platform permitted violent comments prior to the attack in the nation’s Capital that left five dead.
Parler Chief Executive John Matze described the ban as “a coordinated effort knowing our options would be limited.”
Photo courtesy: ©Getty Images/Win McNamee/Staff
Milton Quintanilla is a freelance writer. Visit his blog Blessed Are The Forgiven.