8 Things You Should Know about Gay Marriage
Dr. Roger Barrier | Preach It, Teach It
Editor's Note: Pastor Roger Barrier's "Ask Roger" column regularly appears at Preach It, Teach It. Every week at Crosswalk, Dr. Barrier puts nearly 40 years of experience in the pastorate to work answering questions of doctrine or practice for laypeople, or giving advice on church leadership issues. Email him your questions at [email protected]
What do you think about gay marriage? I’d like your take on the issue.
Dear The Many Who Have Asked Me About Gay Marriage,
First, let me say that my wife Julie and I disagree about some of the things that I intend to share. That’s okay. There are many ways to look at this issue. She thinks one way; I think another way; and we both think we’re right.
These are the eight perspectives from which I look at this important, charged topic.
Photo courtesy: ©Thinstock/stevanovicigor
1. Jesus Never Wavered from His Top Priority
2. JESUS NEVER ALLOWED CURRENT-DAY POLITICAL ISSUES TO DISTRACT HIM FROM HIS MAIN MISSION
3. JESUS CONDEMNED THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS FOR JUDGMENTAL ATTITUDES WHILE MANIFESTING LOVE AND COMPASSION TO THOSE IN SIN
4. IT’S TIME TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SOME MEDICAL DATA - GENETICS, RESEARCH, AND ANATOMY - SUGGEST THE NATURAL VULNERABILITY OF SOME TO HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR
5. FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES CERTAINLY DOESN’T HELP
6. Love Attracts
7. STILL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE TALK ABOUT LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE, GOD'S WRATH COMES STRONGLY INTO PLAY
8. "Who Left the Barn Door Open?"