For King and Country won three awards, while new artists Anne Wilson and Katy Nichole also took home honors during the ninth-annual K-Love Fan Awards last week.
For King and Country won the fan-fueled awards for Artist of the Year, Group/Duo of the Year and Song of the Year (God Is with Us).
Wilson won Female Artist of the Year and Breakout Single (My Jesus), while Nichole won Worship Song of the Year for In Jesus Name (God of Possible).
For King and Country is composed of brothers Joel and Luke Smallbone.
"It has been a joy for us to do this together," Luke Smallbone said during the awards show. "When you're having a bad day on the road, I've got someone to come and talk to. I've got someone to share it with. It's very special for us, and we're humbled by your love for us."
The awards show, held at Nashville's Grand Ole Opry and broadcast on TBN, included collaborative performances with Blanca/Dante Bowe, CeCe Winans/Lauren Daigle, Jonathan Traylor/Jordan Feliz, Kirk Franklin/Maverick City Music and Riley Clemmons/ Walker Hayes.
Other performances included Wilson, Nichole, Chris Tomlin, CAIN, Elevation Worship, For King and Country, Phil Wickham, Tauren Wells and TobyMac.
The event was hosted by Wells and West.
The complete list of winners follows:
- Male Artist of the Year: Matthew West.
- Female Artist of the Year: Anne Wilson.
- Group/Duo of the Year: for King & Country.
- Artist of the Year: For King & Country.
- Breakout Single: Anne Wilson, My Jesus.
- Worship Song of the Year: Katy Nichole, In Jesus Name (God of Possible).
- Song of the Year: For King & Country, For God Is with Us.
- Film Impact: American Underdog.
- Book Impact: Michael W. Smith, The Way of the Father.
- Sports Impact: Tim Tebow.
- Podcast of the Year: Sadie Robertson Huff, Whoa That's Good.
Country Star Jimmie Allen: Christian Music 'Saved My Life' – 'I Was in a Rough Place'
Anne Wilson's 'My Jesus' Was Birthed from a Tragedy: 'God Got Me Through' Each Day
Jordan St. Cyr's 'Weary Traveler' Is a Song of 'Hope to Our World,' He Says
Photo courtesy: ©Jason Davis Photography for K-LOVE Fan Awards, used with permission.
Michael Foust has covered the intersection of faith and news for 20 years. His stories have appeared in Baptist Press, Christianity Today, The Christian Post, the Leaf-Chronicle, the Toronto Star and the Knoxville News-Sentinel.