YouTube Permanently Bans Eric Metaxas' Radio Show

  Scott Slayton | ChristianHeadlines.com Contributor | Monday, June 7, 2021
Eric Metaxas, Metaxas says attacks on churches and religious statues are attacks on God

Eric Metaxas announced last week that YouTube permanently removed his radio show’s channel from the popular video-sharing platform.

YouTube told The Christian Post that the show ran afoul of their “longstanding three strikes system.” He elaborated, saying that “we removed content that violated our policies on medical misinformation and presidential election integrity.

YouTube had previously removed a show featuring MyPillow founder Mike Lindell. In an email to The Christian Post, YouTube said that the video, titled “Mike Lindell on What He Shared with the President & What Is Ultimately at Stake for Our Country,” was taken down because any content that “advances false claims that widespread fraud, errors, or glitches changed the outcome of the U.S. 2020 presidential election is not allowed on YouTube.”

YouTube also removed an interview with former Minnesota Representative and Presidential Candidate Michele Bachmann on eyewitness accounts of the events at the Capitol on January 6th and an interview with John Zmirak about censorship “of the violence supporting left.” In another appearance on the show, Zmirik said that the COVID-19 vaccine was made using the cells of aborted babies and that he refused to get “the dead baby vaccine.”

The final straw for YouTube appears to have been an interview with Naomi Wolf in which she warned about “vaccine passports” and “a social credit system.” YouTube said this violated their “medical information policy.”

The show’s social and video content producer Chris Himes described to The Christian Post a scenario in which it seemed like the show had been targeted. He said, “It all felt very subjective, and in a couple of instances, we would get a strike based on something that was three or four years old.” Himes said that those who produce the show came to a shared belief that “they were just looking for things that bothered them in our archives.”

Though his personal channel, which contains video of his personal interviews, is still on the platform, Metaxas said that losing the show’s page is “devastating” to his show financially. His personal page only has 5,000 subscribers, while the radio show had over 215,000 subscribers.

In a post on Facebook. Metaxas spoke out about the ban, arguing that his show did everything they could “to comply with their creepy Marxist ‘community standards.’”

He claimed that “it’s been clear to us for some time that they wanted to wipe us out.” Referring to former Soviet leader Joseph Stalin, he said YouTube lived by the mantra of “their uncredited hero,” who said, “Show me the man, and I will find you the crime.”

Metaxas, who authored works on Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther, and William Wilberforce, remains undaunted in the face of the ban. He said that “none of my heroes ever were and by God’s grace I never will be. We trust that what we are doing is right, and we will not be silenced.”

Metaxas assured his followers that he will continue to call out “Marxist and Soviet-style attacks for what they are, an expression of deepest fear that the truth can never be silenced. Because it cannot.”

Viewers who were subscribed to the show on YouTube can now find it on Rumble.

Photo courtesy: ©Getty Images/Pool


Scott Slayton writes at “One Degree to Another.”