One young man, singer Oliver Anthony, who has gotten a ton of attention after his song went viral, shared a Bible verse before a performance.
Thanks to the pervasive nature of technology, gaining attention and worldwide fame is much easier than in decades past. A few hundred retweets on the site formerly known as Twitter and shares on Facebook, someone previously unknown can become a household name. Most people refer to this as "going viral."
Oliver Anthony, a young man from Richmond, Virginia, knows exactly what it means to go viral. Oliver's original song "Rich Men North of Richmond," gained massive popularity on social media. The song went viral, being shared and retweeted across social media sites.
Singer's Song about Government, Taxes and Working Long Hours Goes Viral
The country tune has a populist message about excessive taxes and working long hours for less-than-optimal pay. It quickly shot up to the top spot on the iTunes chart, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Following the explosion in popularity of the track "Rich Men North of Richmond" and interest in the man behind the song, hundreds attended a performance of his. But before his performance, the young man shared the Word of God. He read a passage from the Bible.
Oliver Anthony Reads Passage from the Bible
"But the wicked will perish. Though the Lord's enemies are like the flowers of the field, they will be consumed, and they will go up in smoke," Oliver reads.
Following the conclusion of his reading, many in the crowd shout, yell. They also show their approval by applauding the young man.
Oliver Anthony Overwhelmed by the Response to His Song, 'Rich Men North of Richmond'
The clip concludes with the camera showing the massive crowd. It looks like hundreds have gathered to hear the young man.
After the song went viral, Oliver posted a message on social media, writing how he was shocked by the overwhelmingly positive response to his tune.
"Im (sic) still in a state of shock at the outpouring of love I've seen in the comments, messages and emails. I'm working to respond to everyone as quickly as possible," the post reads.
"The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes on him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he sees that his day is coming." – Psalm 37:12-13
LISTEN: Grandson Goes on Epic Road Trip with 93-Year-Old Grandma to All 63 National Parks
Featured Image Credit:YouTube.com/Wade Boyte
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Candace Cameron Bure Shares Favorite Bible Verse
- Marine Posted Her Favorite Bible Verse And Is Fighting To Keep It Up
- Supreme Court Won't Hear Case Of Marine Fired Over Bible Verse
- How To Choose A Life Verse From The Bible
- The Bible Verse Fused To 9/11 Rubble Exposes An Important Message
- Christian Singer Anne Wilson Shares The Bible Verse She Clings To In Hard Times
- Story Behind the Bible Verse Revealed to Tim Allen As He Pondered His Roller Coaster Life
- Stranger Slips Struggling Mom A $100 Bill And Bible Verse At Doctor's Office
- Atheists Want Mural With Bible Verse Torn Down But Ohio Mayor Isn't Backing Down
- The Most Misapplied Verse In The Bible: Philippians 4:13
- Girl Helps Brother Recite Bible Verse On Fear To Help During Coronavirus & We All Need To Hear It
Article originally published by GodUpdates. Used with permission.
Photo courtesy: ©Backyard Mafia YouTube Channel
The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of Salem Web Network and Salem Media Group.