Following reports that Chick-fil-A had agreed to stop funding certain traditional family groups in order to get approval for a new Chicago restaurant, company president Dan Cathy said Friday the restaurant had made no concessions and that it remained "true to who we are," Baptist Press reports. Cathy's statement, posted on Mike Huckabee's website, came one day after the company released its own statement saying its corporate giving had been "mischaracterized" for many months and that it would continue to fund programs that "strengthen and enrich marriages." Cathy said: "There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect. Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been." Focus on the Family president Jim Daly -- whose organization supposedly had been de-funded by Chick-fil-A -- has also spoken up for the company.