ISIS Says Previous Attacks against Egyptian Christians Were ‘Only the Beginning’

Veronica Neffinger | Editor, ChristianHeadlines.com | Tuesday, February 21, 2017
ISIS Says Previous Attacks against Egyptian Christians Were ‘Only the Beginning’

ISIS Says Previous Attacks against Egyptian Christians Were ‘Only the Beginning’


The Islamic State terrorist group recently released a video in which they warn Egyptian Christians that more attacks are coming.

In December 2016, a horrific bombing of a Coptic Christian church was carried out by Islamic State militants, killing 28 Egyptian Christians and injuring nearly 50 others. It was the worst bombing attack against Egypt’s Christians in the nation’s history, as ChristianHeadlines.com previously reported.

Persecution against Christians in Egypt (known as Coptic Christians) has been steadily increasing. Just last week, an Egyptian Christian schoolteacher was gunned down on his way to work by suspected ISIS militants. The right of Egyptian Christians to build churches has also been under fire.

Now, the Islamic State has released a video in which they claim previous attacks against Christians are “only the beginning.”

According to SRNNews.com, in the 20-minute video, the Islamic State claims that Christians are their “favorite prey.”

The video also shows footage of Abu Adbullah al-Masri, who killed nearly 30 people in the church bombing.

Christians make up about 10 percent of Egypt’s predominantly Muslim population. Egypt ranks 21st on Open Doors 2017 World Watch List of countries where Christian persecution is most severe.

 

Photo courtesy: Thinkstockphotos.com

Publication date: February 21, 2017

Comments